The College selected the Diamond 40 and 42 aircraft for our operations after very careful considerations that include the following:
- Fuel- Diamond 40 and 42 aircraft can use Jet A1 and (AGO) instead of Avgas (Aviation Gasoline) used by the other trainers. Avgas is not readily available in Nigeria. The Diamond 40 and 42 are very fuel efficient because it uses Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) and the airplane body is made of composite fiber structure.
- Garmin G1000 glass cockpit - puts a wealth of flight-critical data at student's fingertips. Its glass flight deck presents flight instrumentation, navigation, weather, terrain, traffic and engine data on data on large-format, high-resolution displays. Students get familiar from the beginning with the same type of cockpit environment they will be using on the modem commercial aircraft.
- Synthetic Vision Technology (SVT) - Using sophisticated graphics modeling, the system recreates a 3-D "Virtual Reality" database landscape on the Primary Functional Display (PFD) and Multi-functional Display (MFD). Thus, Garmin SVT enables you to clearly visualize nearby flight and Enroute Navigation Features - even in instrument Meteorological Conditions (IMC), Night Time and Visual Meteorological Conditions (VMC).
DA-40 Diamond Star-Single Engine Trainer
Diamond aircraft has delivered over 3500 of this versatile aircraft worldwide. The 4 seat aircraft was developed for both Visual Flight Rules (VFR) and Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) operations and is fully certified for training. With excellent safety and flight characteristics, low acquisition and operational costs, the DA-40 is the perfect aircraft for training at IAC.
Initial fleet of five(5) DA40 trainers meet the needs of the first class of 30 students with additional aircraft to be purchased as the number of students enrolled, increases. Each DA40 can provide up to 8 training hours a day.
Some of the features of the DA40 include:
- Roomy, comfortable 4 place interior
- 230km+ cruise speed
- 2000km range
- Garmin G1000 Digital Glass Cockpit
- Cost effective to operate
- Rated safest in its class
DA-42 Twin Star- Twin Engine Trainer
The DA-42 Twin Star is one of the most popular twin-engine trainers on the market today. It uses the same Centurion 2.0 engine as its smaller single engine sibling configured to burn Jet A1 fuel. With a fully integrated glass cockpit, the DA-42 Twin Star is the undisputed technology leader in its class.
Features of the DA-42 Twin Star include:
- 4 place interior with panoramic visibility
- 300km+ cruise speed
- 2200km range
- Garmin G1000 digital glass cockpit
- Low operating cost as compared to similar trainers
International Avaition College is an approved Diamond Service Center and Thielert Aircraft Engines for all repairs and maintenance.